Applying to the IDEA Master Program
How to Apply
Admission to the IDEA Master Program is based on academic excellence. Students with a university degree and a good mathematical background are encouraged to apply. Applications are evaluated continuously from November 20 until June 30.
Applications must be submitted online. Along with your application, you will need to upload the following documents in PDF format:
- Original transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. If your transcripts are not in English, Spanish or Catalan, you will need an official translation. You must also include transcripts of your graduate work if applicable.
- A statement of purpose describing your motivation to pursue a Master degree in Economics. If you have a specific interest in a certain field of Economics, please describe it in your statement of purpose.
- GRE and English proficiency test scores. Although these documents are not compulsory, we encourage you include them with your application.
- Once you have uploaded all the necessary documentation, two letters of recommendation will be automatically requested to your letter writers. Your letter writers will receive email instructions on how to upload the reference letter.
There is a non-refundable 60€ application fee.
Important. Upon arrival to campus, admitted students must submit the original documents that support the information supplied in the application (official academic transcripts and diplomas, and/or other valid proofs of holding an undergraduate degree with all the required coursework and credits). All admission offers are conditional on the original supporting documentation being submitted upon arrival.
The fees for the 2018/2019 academic year are:
- Tuition Fee (EU citizens): 3.952,20 €/year.
- Tuition Fee (Non-EU citizens): 4.800 €/year.
- Administration Fee (all nationalities): 140,92 €/year.
- Degree Equivalence Fee (only applicable to students holding a foreing university degree): 218,15 € (one-time payment).
The listed tuition fees include the reduction provisioned by the 131/2018 Decree that regulates prices at public universities.